ENJOYING THE JOURNEY


For as long as I can remember, I have loved travelling. And it's not even the thrill of being in a new environment or getting to my destination that excites me most, even though it's wonderful.

What excites me about traveling is the journey itself (especially if I am alone). Just sitting in the bus, close to the window (my favorite position):feeling the breeze on my face, watching cars and people and trees speed past: enjoying the scenery.
Once in a while, I would get into a conversation with a fellow passenger or just listen to, and usually enjoy the conversations in the bus.

I enjoy looking at the strange faces in the bus and even those faces I see outside our bus on the way, and wondering who they are, where they live, their challenges and blessings, if they are Christians, why they are making this journey, etc. Sometimes I would try to put some of their faces in my memory.

At times I would wonder if I would ever meet this people again, on earth or on the last day, and then wonder if we will recognize each other as one-time fellow passengers in this bus.

Weird? Nosey? I just love wondering about them.

Travelling time is also one of my favorite times of plugging in my earpiece and listening to music. There is just something heady about music playing in your ear as the bus moves.

There have been times when upon arriving at my destination, I would be somewhat disappointed that the journey ended so soon,even though I must have spent over 5 hours in the bus.

Welcome back to the present and thanks for travelling with me so far. Lol.

Life, as we all know it, is a journey,with many 'destinations' in it.
We move from primary school to secondary school to university and then to the working world. The bachelor and spinster want to become husband and wife, and then dream of being mommy and daddy. And then dream of moving from a rented apartment, however nice, to owning their own home. And so on and so forth.

At the end of the day, we are always moving or dreaming of moving from one spot to another, forever seeking.

Stop for a minute.

Instead of focusing so much on your destination (which is only a stop, considering human nature), why not enjoy the journey, day to day living?

Instead of obsessing forever about where your future spouse is, why not enjoy your singlehood now?

Instead of being so anxious to graduate or pass out from NYSC, why not enjoy your student and corper days? Believe me, you will miss them when they are gone. I passed out from Youth service this month last year and I miss those times so much. I miss my days as a student as well.

Life is a gift. Everyday is a gift. Enjoy it to the fullest. Enjoy all the stops along the way. If not, you will just become a restless, joyless, perpetually dissatisfied, and frustrated wanderer.

Comments

  1. The adventure of Travelling writer. The Travelling saga has a missing detail or perhaps I missed it while reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ees yew Dat know about saga o. Me I dinnor know anything o.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this. Could related very well with the element of travel you enjoy. Good link to enjoying life's journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAITH'S HALL OF FAME AND ME

MOTHER-IN-LAW AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW

I CAN NEVER FAIL