SPOILT, INDECENT GIRL!

It's a Monday. Not just any other Monday. It's the Monday I have been waiting for. When after five years of looking for a job and the last company, an oil company with its headquarters in one of those British civilized countries sends you an email to come for an interview, you know that day doesn't come fast enough. You wait impatiently. That was me. Now the day had come. I left the house and walked down to a junction where I will get a bike. It's a long walk. This is what happens when your house is 'inside-inside' a very long street.

As I walk down the street, this girl suddenly walks past me. In all her feminine glory or should I say shame? She is wearing a pant that is supposed to be a skirt. Her fair, lovely (no, shameful) laps are in full display. Her buttocks are dancing too freely, like there is nothing under restraining them. Kai! Nonsense! Girls of these days are so indecent. This kind of woman can never attract me. This one is surely on a mission. To destroy someone's life. To wreck havoc on one innocent, unsuspecting man. To render a wife husbandless. No single fear of God in her eyes. She isn't even wearing a real pant. It's a G-string of all things! A black one. But why?

Suddenly she crosses to the other side of the street and stops a bike. I see her cleavage. Too much cleavage. They are staring boldly at the okada man. Kai! This okada man will be unable to drive them safely to their destination, I'm sure. Too much distraction. As she swings her leg over the motorcycle, I take in air harshly. Jesus Christ! That rope isn't covering anything. This girl is rotten! What kind of....

Suddenly I feel something hard slam into me. The pain in my forehead, and then the angry voice makes me know it's a human being.

'Oga, what were you looking at that you didn't see me coming, ehn? Your eye blind? You go pay for all these my groundnuts wey you troway for ground today today'.

She grips my shirt with her two hands. I look at the ground nuts scattered all over the floor. The tray is on the floor. But when did this girl come to my lane? How will I pay her? I have nothing apart from my transport fare to and from the interview. I don't know what to say. I just stare at her, confused as two people pass by, looking at us. In my confusion, I bring out my phone. Jesus! It's 9:30a.m. Interview is 9:45am and getting to the company will take me an hour, and I haven't gotten a bike.

The girl is still screaming. 'You must pay me my money today!' I look around. I have already walked to the end of the street. But when? How?

It's that girl, I am sure. That stupid, indecent girl with ugly, unattractive body parts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAITH'S HALL OF FAME AND ME

MOTHER-IN-LAW AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW

I CAN NEVER FAIL